Even though transport and shipping operators have such diverse needs, they all share one common need: to be able to rely on advisors who know their sector inside and out – from both a legal and business perspective.
Not only do we have excellent knowledge of transport and shipping law, but we also have a detailed understanding of operators: we participate in key annual events organised by brokers and insurers and have close ties with the London-based business community.
Our experience as advisors to shipowners, port authorities, terminal operators, shipyards, shipping agents, logistics operators, insurance companies and banks specialising in shipping finance, and our contacts within international specialist law firms enable us to create a tailor-made solution every time.
The assistance we provide covers:
- insurance and reinsurance (hull & machinery, particular average and total loss, cargo insurance policies, P&I, professional liability policies for transport intermediaries)
- infrastructures (contracts related to the implementation of the Italian high-speed railway system, project financing)
- litigation (arrest of ships and airplanes, civil and administrative proceedings, national and international arbitration, enforcement in Italy of foreign judgements and arbitration awards)
- logistics and transport (motorway transport, forwarding contracts, warehouse contracts, integrated logistics services, carriage of dangerous goods)
- port and airport law (terminal contracts, handling contracts, authorisations and concessions)
- restructuring and insolvency (debt restructuring agreements of shipping companies and airlines, pre-bankruptcy settlements with creditors, multi-jurisdiction insolvency proceedings)
- shipbuilding and yachtbuilding (shipbuilding and refitting contracts, MOA and bill of sale, leasing, bare-boat charters, shipping finance)
Our team will accompany you throughout your journey, thanks to our multidisciplinary knowledge and different areas of expertise, including shipping/aviation finance, competition transport law and administrative law.
Here’s what sets us apart
- Our team has multidisciplinary knowledge and international reach that boasts the specialisation of “boutique” transport and shipping law experts and experts on corporate law, litigation and international arbitration, banking and finance, energy and off-shore operations, restructuring, tax, employment, competition, antitrust and administrative law
- We have special close links with prominent law firms around the world that are transport sector experts, which enables us to support you wherever your business takes you
- Our London office is your gateway to the world capital for shipping and specialist transport insurance
Learn about our Focus Teams.