We provide legal advice that is both effective and reliable, not only as regards the quality but also in terms of respecting time frames and budgeted costs.
We assist some of the most important Italian and international companies operating in electricity (including renewables) and gas production and distribution, oil companies, power companies and financial entities (Italian and international) that provide services to this sector.
- advice on mergers and acquisitions
- assistance with issues related to securities on regulated markets (public offerings)
- advice to debtors in project finance operations
- advice to banks, as arrangers, in project finance and project bond operations in Italy and internationally involving the construction and management of power plants, using both traditional and alternative electricity generation methods
- project finance and the issuance of project bonds
- advice on regulatory and administrative law in the energy sector
- advice on competition and EU laws applicable to the energy market
Here’s what sets us apart
- Our vast and well-established experience in this sector and the fact that we have been involved in all the market-first operations in Italy since 1995, has made us a point of reference for law-makers as regards new regulations in the energy sector
- We were the first, in a market rendered difficult by the liquidity crisis, to overcome banking intermediation through the creation of the first project bond in the renewables sector. Indeed, our work over the years has been enshrined in new legislation
- We liaise regularly with independent Italian authorities, the Ministry of Economic Development, the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport, the European Commission and other competent institutions in the energy market
- Our team has carried out major projects, both in Italy and abroad, in the gas, oil, petrochemical, power and renewable energy sources sectors