Coming up with innovative solutions and structuring debt instruments is all in a day’s work for our Debt Capital Markets Focus Team.
The team understands the ins and outs of market logics, thanks to the many years of working alongside authorities, issuers and investment banks to implement various types of financial structures subject to national and foreign law.
Key areas of expertise:
- Bonds: the team deals with a wide variety of bonds – and bond programmes with the broadest range of assets – such as covered bonds, bond loans, medium-term notes, eurobonds, domestic bonds, high-yield bonds, hybrid bonds and project bonds.
- Derivatives: arrangers and originators request advice on transactions involving a wide variety of derivatives, such as interest rate and foreign exchange products, equity derivatives, credit derivatives and commodity derivatives – ranging from plain vanilla to the most complex structured transactions.The firm is an ISDA member and has been working closely with the ISDA for years. In fact, the team handles not only ISDA documentation and documented derivative contracts (governed by Italian law) but also matters concerning other types of documentation, such as the European Master Agreement.
- EMTN programmes and standalone bonds: assessment of all aspects of the issuance of domestic bonds and EMTNs and preparation of all the documentation required. The team also assists clients establish EMTN programmes and implement private placement bonds.
- Securitisation: arrangers, originators and trustees request advice on transactions involving a wide variety of asset classes and structures.
- Structured finance: expertise in handling transactions that incorporate traditional derivatives and structured finance structures in bespoke and complex ways relevant to today’s market and regulatory environment – such as CLOs, commodity structures, equity financings and illiquid asset financings.The team handles also the implementation of EU execution platforms and trading requirements, covering EMIR, Dodd-Frank and MiFID.
- Sustainability: thanks to a thorough understanding of the key aspects of sustainable bonds (green, social, sustainability and sustainability-linked bonds), the team is primely placed to help clients invest in the future.
Here’s what sets the team apart:
- Multidisciplinary team with unparalleled experience in all areas involved in debt capital markets transactions.
- Long-standing relationships with the supervisory authority of Italy’s financial markets (CONSOB) and the Italian stock exchange (Borsa Italiana).
- Managerial and business-oriented approach – efficient handling of transactions that require process management and detailed assessment of each and every legal issue.
- Extensive international experience – the team advises on transactions in the key European and global markets in collaboration with our international network of law firms renowned in their own jurisdictions.