Our Competition Litigation Task Force draws on expertise gained from over the years of assisting clients (whether as claimants or defendants) in all types of civil litigation (including numerous high-profile cases) involving competition law and unfair commercial practices.
Disputes of this nature frequently involve:
- damages actions arising from infringements of competition law ascertained by the Italian Competition Authority (follow-on actions) or to be assessed by the civil courts (stand-alone actions). Actions of this type have seen an uptick since the introduction of new rules (through Legislative Decree 3/2017): the ICA’s final decisions are binding and damages are presumed in cases involving a cartel;
- damages actions (follow-on and stand-alone) arising from unfair commercial practices;
- legal invalidity of contracts (or individual clauses) that do not comply with competition law;
- injunction proceedings (including urgent ones) to seek orders to cease anticompetitive conduct or unfair commercial practices; and
- class actions through which consumers or companies seek compensation for damage arising from anticompetitive conduct or unfair commercial practices.
The team is made up of experts from our competition/antitrust and litigation practices. Our unparalleled track record sets us apart, as does our ability to devise effective procedural strategies that are tailored to meet clients’ needs. We also boast a network of leading experts on competition damages to provide clients extensive support in quantifying damages.
Our competition/antitrust law team has represented clients in numerous significant competition proceedings over the years andour litigation team became the largest in Italy following the merger with Lombardi e Associati.