Civil Law and international relations with particular expertise in:
- Public International Law
- International Trade Law
- Anti-terrorism proceedings
- Compliance for security in stadiums and large events
- International sanctions
- Legal protection of Made in Italy in international organizations
- Co-Professor of the «Islam in Europa: Migration, integration and security» course at the LUISS University of Rome for the master’s degree in political science.
- He is a consultant for Confindustria for the cooperation development with the countries on the African continent.
- Foreign languages: English
- Member of the Africa Committee and the Africa Team
- Team Leader of the Public International Law & Economic Diplomacy Focus Team
- Member of the Corporate Compliance Focus Team
- He joined BonelliErede as of Counsel in July 2018, after having carried out an important academic and institutional career.
- His institutional activities include: from 1994-1997 Councilor of the Regional Province of Agrigento, from 1996-2001 Member of the Sicilian Regional Assembly and from 2001-2018 Member of the Chamber.
- From 2008-2018 he was Minister in three different governments: Minister of Justice, Minister of the Interior and Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. He was the longest-serving minister in Italian history.
- He served as Deputy Prime Minister between 2013 and 2014.
- He was a member of the Council of the European Union for the Justice and Internal Affairs sectors and during the 2014 Italian presidency semester, he chaired the Council of the European Union for Internal Affairs.
- In May 2009, he chaired the G8 Justice in Rome, in 2013 the G6 Interior Ministers and in 2017 the G7 Foreign Ministers, as well as the UN Security Council.
- Since 2013, he has been the president of the Fondazione De Gasperi.
- During his long career as a minister he was a promoter or speaker of several bills including the laws for harsh imprisonment of the mafia and the ability of the State to seize criminal assets. He created the Codice Antimafia, which unified all related previous legislation into one.
- In 2010 he proposed the text that was approved by parliament to reform the code of civil procedure effectively launching the electronic civil trial procedure to be a “filter” for the Supreme Court and the institute of civil mediation and allow for widespread reduction in delays of civil trials.
- He proposed the decree that was passed into law to prevent and combat international terrorism.
- He is the promoter of the law against stadium violence that has introduced new types of crime and new organizational measures of sports venues.
- He proposed and approved the decree that introduced the crime of Stalking and strengthened the measures to combat gender violence.
- He is the author of scientific articles in specialized magazines, such as New Commentary Civil Law and European and Private Law. He has been a speaker at various conferences and seminars at universities and institutions on matters related to his ministerial activity.
- PhD in Corporate Law at the University of Palermo (1998), lecturer in Civil Law at the Università Cattolica (1994) and at the University of Palermo (1996)
- Member of the Italian bar (1996). Registered journalist (1989)
- Law degree from the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milan (1993)
A new international practice and a new cooperation in Egypt to consolidate development in Africa and the Middle East
Angelino Alfano joins the Milan office of BonelliErede as Of Counsel for the new Public International Law & Economic Diplomacy Focus Team Ziad Bahaa-Eldin, former Egyptian deputy Prime Minister, will be managing the Egyptian law office that will cooperate with BonelliErede BonelliErRead more